Embodying our authentic selves at home and at work is key not only for our personal well-being but also for the well-being of the planet.
My intention for this website is to offer you as much authenticity as I can manage to publish online. This isn’t always easy, and it takes a lot of courage. I use my writing to describe inner states and life circumstances that are often difficult for people to articulate. My hope is that by transparently sharing my journey, I will inspire others to present themselves more authentically in the world.
The majority of my professional work involves writing, teaching and doing research in the fields of positive psychology and transpersonal psychology, which emphasize the development of human strength and potential. I received my PhD in psychology from the University of Western Ontario, Canada.
I’ve worked in the corporate world and in academia, and I've also spent several years as an entrepreneur. From 2013 to 2015 I was a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard Medical School, where I studied the effects of yoga in school settings.
I currently live in Prague, where I teach and do research as a Lecturer in the psychology department at the University of New York in Prague. My research focuses on yoga and mindfulness for youth, as well as transpersonal topics such as synchronicity. I teach undergraduate courses on research methods, positive psychology and consciousness as well as a Masters-level course on career development. I also work as a research consultant with clients around the world.
But there's a lot more to my journey than this simple bio.
Read My Blog
Below you'll find a few of my recent blogs. Click here to see all of my blogs from 2010 - 2017.
- Aug 21, 2019 The Truth About Midlife
- Jul 17, 2019 The Truth About Marriage
- Apr 19, 2019 Everything You’re Searching For Is Right In Front Of You
- Jan 8, 2019 Why I Have Faith In Humanity (And You Should, Too)
- Dec 7, 2017 What If The Purpose Of Your Life Is To Simply Be Human?
- Nov 23, 2017 Last Month I Had $10 To My Name. Instead Of Practicing The Law Of Attraction, I Did This.
- Nov 20, 2017 Blogs 2010 - 2017
- Jul 21, 2017 We Must Descend To Ascend
- Feb 21, 2017 PhDs and Scattered CVs: Academia is Ready for a Change
- Nov 16, 2016 My Journey Into The Unknown
Copyright 2010-2019 Bethany Butzer, PhD
Photos by Leah Takata